We, Habermaaß GmbH, August-Grosch-Straße 28-38, 96476 Bad Rodach, Germany (HABA in this statement) take the protection of your personal data very seriously and adhere strictly to laws on data protection. The following explanation gives an overview of how we guarantee this protection. In particular, we would like to explain to you, as a visitor to our website, which type of data we collect, why we collect this data, how we use this data and how you can choose the way in which your personal data is used, at any time.
II. What happens when you visit the HABA website?
In connection with your visit to the website, data may, if necessary, be stored on HABA’s servers or the servers of technical service providers that we have instructed. In some instances, this data may allow identification (browser type/version, operating system used, site visited previously, IP address of the requesting computer, time and date of the server request etc.). This data is gathered, processed and used for the purposes of facilitating use of the website (linking), system security and technical administration of the network infrastructure.
We will provide information free of charge about the data saved under your name or pseudonym at your request. If this is something you would like, please send an email to info(at)haba.de. We are also obligated to correct, block or delete information saved about you, on request.
III. Which data is saved for which purpose?
HABA will only request and use your personal data for processing orders, unless you wish to use other services (e.g. ordering spare parts). It is entirely up to you whether you give your personal data. In order to be able to process and deliver your order, we will only give your data to the delivery service that is delivering your order.
We also offer the following services:
- Sending a newsletter with the latest offers
- Participation in prize draws
- Delivery of spare parts
If you decide at a later point that you no longer wish to use these services, you may cancel them at any time with effect for the future. To do this, email us at info(at)haba.de or write to us at Habermaaß GmbH, Datenschutz, Postfach 1107, 96473 Bad Rodach.
The procedure is the same if you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or our promotional emails. You can also unsubscribe by clicking the following link „http://www.haba.de/haba/newsletterAbmelden.htm“, which can be found in every email we send.
> HABA registrable particulars
IV. What are Cookies?
Our websites often use things called “cookies”. They are used to make our websites more user-friendly, effective and secure. A “cookie” is a small data file that we transfer onto your browser when you surf through our webpages. A cookie may only contain information that we send to your computer - it cannot be used to read private data. If you accept the cookies on our website, we do not have access to your personal information, but we can use the cookies to identify your browser.
- To recognise you the next time you visit our site, so that we can display your preferred pre-settings in the shopping basket (language, country of delivery and username).
- So that you can use certain other services, e.g. displaying the page in your language, personalisation of our website etc.
- So that we can tailor our pages to meet our customers’ needs even better.
Most browsers accept cookies as standard. The help tab on the menu bar of most internet browsers explains how you can prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to let your browser tell you when you receive new cookies and how to deactivate all cookies received. If you deactivate cookies, certain features of our site may not be available to you and some websites may not be displayed correctly.
V. Your rights
You always have the right to information on the data saved about you, its origin and recipients, as well as about why it is being stored. You also have the right to request deletion and/or blocking, as well as correction of your data at any time. To do this, email us at info(at)haba.de or write to us at Habermaaß GmbH, Datenschutz, Postfach 1107, 96473 Bad Rodach.
VI. Forwarding to third parties
We do not sell the data we gather. We only pass on the data we receive to third parties as described below:
- For comparison of the address database of associated companies if they are either subject to this data protection statement or if they follow guidelines that offer at least as much protection as this data protection statement.
- We commission other companies and individuals with the completion of tasks for us. Examples include support for organising events, sending letters or emails, maintaining mailing lists, analysis of our databases or advertising. These service providers have access to personal information that is required for performing their duties. However, they may not use it for other purposes. They also undertake to deal with the information in accordance with this data protection statement, as well as German laws on data protection.
- We make it possible for carefully selected mail order companies, brand manufacturers and publishing houses to send you information and offers for advertising purposes. Only data whereby this is fundamentally permitted will be forwarded for third party marketing purposes (data that is generally published and certain data that is consolidated in lists in accordance with § 28 para. 3 no. 3 old version and § 47 no. 2 new version of the federal law on data protection, as well as in accordance with § 28 para. 3 p.2 and p.4 new version).
- We pass on personal data if we are legally obliged to do so or if passing on personal data is required to protect our rights or those of third parties.
- If you have signed up for the HABA newsletter, we will use for the purposes of sending the HABA newsletter the data you gave when you registered. Your data will not be passed on to third parties. The only exception to this is partner companies who are responsible for handling the technicalities of sending the newsletters. However, in these cases, the scope of the data sent is restricted to the necessary minimum. Our data protection provisions are in line with the German data protection act (BDSG) and the German telemedia act (TMG).
- In all other cases, we will inform you if personal information is to be passed onto third parties, giving you the opportunity to give your consent.
VII. Use of Facebook social plugins
Our internet presence uses social plugins (“plugins”) from the social network facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). The plugins are identified with a Facebook logo or the addendum “Facebook Social Plugin”.
When you visit a webpage from our internet presence that contains this kind of plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection with the Facebook servers. Facebook sends the content of the plugin directly to your browser, which incorporates it into the webpage.
Incorporation of the plugins tells Facebook that you visited the corresponding page of our website. This function is generally deactivated on our website. If you interact with the plugins, for example if you click the “Like” button or leave a comment, the corresponding information is sent directly from your browser to Facebook, where it is saved.The purpose and extent of data collection and the further processing and use of data by Facebook, as well as your rights in this respect and setting options to protect your privacy, can be found in the Facebook data protection information at http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
If you do not want Facebook to gather data about you via our internet presence, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our internet presence.
VIII. Data security
In order to avoid the loss or misuse of the data we have stored, we take comprehensive technical and operational security measures that are checked regularly and adjusted in line with technological progress. We use SSL (RSA 1024 Bit) as decoding and security software. This process is used successfully throughout the whole of the World Wide Web. You can tell that you are in a secure area by the symbol (a closed padlock) in your browser’s bottom window bar. All of your personal data (name, address, credit card no. bank sort code, account number and so on) are locked and transferred securely on the internet.
Only our HABA server can decode your data again. Unauthorised parties cannot read your information during the transfer!
However, it is also your responsibility to protect the data you make available against misuse by encoding or similar measures.
August-Grosch Str. 28 - 38
96476 Bad Rodach
Tel.: +49 9564 60113
Fax: +49 9564 662300
Managing partner: Klaus Habermaaß
Manager: Harald Grosch
Registration: Coburg district court HRB 256
Habermaaß GmbH is part of the HABA family of companies.